Here’s a healthier potato for the holidays. It’s still soooooo tasty!! Even if you can’t bring yourself to forgo mashed potatoes (I can’t) - try these this winter. They’re a cinch!
12 small round potatoes
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
rosemary (yes, you guessed it – to taste)
These are VERY simple.
Preheat oven to 450.
Set a medium-large pot of water to boil.
Add 2 generous pinches of salt to the water.
Ok, now add the potatoes carefully, carefully so nobody gets hurt. Boil them till the potatoes JUST get tender. You should be able to stick a fork in them without too much trouble. Immediately drain them at that point.
Drizzle olive oil across a cookie sheet (make sure it has sides!) & brush to cover. Place the potatoes down as you would cookie dough – with plenty of spreadin’ space around them. Using a potato masher, gently push down on them, flattening them somewhat.
They need to still be in one piece when you are done. Drizzle or spray olive oil over the tops of them. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste as well as the rosemary.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are browned and slightly crispy at the edges.
- 12 small round potatoes
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- rosemary to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Set a large pot of water to boil. (Keeping the lid on helps speed it up!)
- Add a few generous pinches of salt to the water & the potatoes.
- Boil just until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Brush or drizzle a layer of olive oil onto a cookie sheet.
- Lay out the potatoes on the cookie sheet with ample room for CRASHING around them.
- Using a potato masher, push down on each one gently & not all the way to the bottom!
- Brush or drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste. Also, scatter rosemary sprigs to taste.
- Bake for about 20-25 mins or until the edges are a crispy brown.
Source: Jill Dupleix