Let me start this post by saying I made G a double layer ice cream cake for his bday last weekend. Eating that cake was the second most excited I saw him in the last 2 days. The MOST excited was when the Kentucky Wildcats won the NCAA championship last night. GO CATS!!!!
Last night I was heading to Hooters (where I, incidentally, ate some fried pickles) to watch the game with him so I had to throw together a quick dinner for the girls. This is the fastest pasta dish in the world.
SO easy. Everything is available at Trader Joe’s. In fact, I got this idea from Trader Joe’s as they used to have a pasta in a box with these ingredients except you had to add a whole s-ton of olive oil & water to the dehydrated stuff for the dressing. M used to love it but all good things came to an end as they do at TJ’s and they no longer sell it.
1. Chop pitted olives as small as you like them. Same with the tomatoes. Mine came julienned so I just left them alone!
2. Cook your pasta of choice according to package directions.
3. Drain pasta & then return to pot. Add the olives, tomatoes & a handful of crumbled feta.
Toss & salt to taste. I added a couple of tablespoons of olive oil too!
Not the prettiest dish but VERY tasty & simple!
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 TBSP olive oil (or to taste)
- 1 c julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 1 c chopped kalamata olives
- ¾ c crumbled feta
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain & then return to pot.
- Add tomatoes, olives & feta & toss to combine.
- Taste & adjust amounts to your liking including a pinch of salt if needed.