Here’s a REALLY easy cookie recipe for when you have NO TIME.
I just made these this morning for our daycare’s caroling at the convalescent home. Totally forgot I was going to make them until around 8AM. D’OH!
No pictures – no time. These are winners from The Pioneer Woman. You only need one bowl. You are done making them from start to finish within about 20 minutes. They are chewy, tasty & yummy. The only change I made was to use the turbinado raw sugar to roll them in but if you don’t have it you can use plain sugar too.
- 1 c sugar
- ¾ c Crisco
- ¼ c molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 c flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cardamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- turbinado sugar for coating the cookies (regular sugar works too!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix sugar, Crisco, molasses & egg together until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until combined. (If you don’t mind two bowls – you can whisk together your dry ingredients first in a separate bowl.) I did it all in 1 bowl and they came out perfect!
- Roll tbsp sized balls in your hands, the roll through a plate of turbinado sugar (or regular sugar if that’s what you have!). Place on cookie sheet leaving ample room for spreading.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or for 1 minute after cracks appear on top of them.
Source: The Pioneer Woman