This is a really simple one to keep in your back pocket! You probably already have all the ingredients. Make sure you have 2-3 lemons though.
1/2 c butter, melted
1 c sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c milk
1/3 c lemon juice
1/4 c sugar
This is a 2 bowl endeavor which isn’t bad.
Preheat oven to 325.
1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar and butter.
2. Add eggs and lemon juice. Mix.
3. Add salt, flour & baking powder. Mix. (Normally I whisk together dry ingredients in a separate bowl but I didn’t do it this time and it came out perfect!)
4. Add milk and mix till just combined.
5. Fill well-greased loaf pan with batter and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
6. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 c lemon juice and 1/4 c sugar. Use a toothpick to poke holes in the top of the cake. Drizzle the lemon juice/sugar mixture over the top of the cake.
- ½ c butter, melted
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1-1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ c milk
- ⅓ c lemon juice
- ¼ c sugar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 c sugar and butter, eggs & 1 TBSP lemon juice.
- Add salt, flour & baking powder and mix.
- Add milk and mix.
- Pour batter into well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl combine ⅓ c lemon juice with ¼ c sugar.
- Poke holes in top of cake with a toothpick and drizzle lemon juice/sugar mixture on top.