Just a break between salads to add this recipe. I know I just did a chocolate chip cookie recipe a week or two ago but this one is:
B. WAYYYYYYY better!!!!
These are very light, fluffy cookies. If a cookie can be fluffy?? They look “undone” coming out of the oven and don’t flatten out or darken. Don’t worry though! That is how they are supposed to be. I made these for the Daleos’ visit last weekend and they were all eaten BEFORE the Daleos arrived so I ended up making a second batch really quickly. They were so good I just made a THIRD batch this weekend!
You probably have all these ingredients!
3/4 c unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
Add egg (replacer) and vanilla and beat well.
3. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda & salt.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix!
You’ll notice this sandy, grainy texture. This is exactly as it should be!
4. Once it’s thoroughly combined, add chocolate/butterscotch chips and stir until spread throughout the batter evenly.
5. Drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet using a Tablespoon. Since the dough hasn’t really “come together” you may need to make small balls with your hands. I did.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. NOTE: the cookies will NOT darken or flatten. They will not seem to be “done” but they are done! If you truly are worried about them being underdone, just bake them for the full 10 minutes.
By the way, my brother in law got me this Airbake cookie sheet for Christmas. I put two dozen cookies into the oven – one on this sheet and one on a regular one and the regular ones burned on the bottom. I really love this cookie sheet! (I am not being compensated in any way, by anyone really, for saying this…)
Back to the cookies. Here’s what they look like PRE baking:
I make ‘em on the small side since they have so much butter/sugar.
Here’s what they look like POST baking:
It almost looks the same as the raw dough!
Trust me on this one.
- ¾ c unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c brown sugar
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 egg (I use egg replacer – NOBODY notices)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat together butter & sugars. Add egg (replacer) and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Then add to butter/sugars. When evenly combined, fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed. (How many times can I use “evenly” and “combined”??)
- Drop Tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. NOTE: cookies will NOT flatten or darken. Trust me!
- Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before eating.
Barely adapted from Kelseys Apple a Day